Sunday, August 5, 2007

Time to Get a False Teeth?


I don't need dentures. I have a perfect set of teeth.

Now, why do I always dream of losing my tooth/teeth or falling teeth? It's one of those dreams I can always remember when I get up.

I searched the web and came across an article about this. It says falling teeth is a sign that (1) you're too conscious about how you appear reason being you use your teeth when smiling, etc. (2) worry or anxiety from embarrassment or making a fool of yourself (3) sense of powerlessness because teeth are a sign of power (chew, bite, etc.) -also add in inferiority, lack of confidence (4) traditionally, it signifies malnutrition (definitely not for me!).

Other interpretations include that God speaks to you in the dream to tell you that you rely so much on what man thinks than His words. In other cultures, it can be that a family member is very sick (Greek) or that you're telling lies (Chinese). My Tooth Fairy says falling teeth symbolizes money.

I'm having this dream because of a mix of all the interpretations above. For whatever reason for it, having the dream itself IS a reason to look at my life in its entirety and see how it's going. I wouldn't have those dreams for nothing right?

1 comment:

Korina said...

geee...i also dream that my teeth are falling...or that i have a gap in between teeth...im going for the vanity interpretation :)