Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just for the Sake of It

Blogging has become so popular among internet users now that it seems like being an internet user equates to being a blogger. Ask your friends, they have their own blogs which may discuss topics from food and restos, travel and adventure, photo sharing, rants and raves, so on and so forth.

In her June entry http://www.dessertcomesfirst.com/?p=567, Lori, my ultimate favorite blogger, tells of how she has been worn out of all the blogging to the point that she does not enjoy life experiences anymore.

I know some people who live-to-blog and I am quite bothered by it. I once would have fallen into this trap- that is to say that I would spend an entire day thinking of topics to blog about and stress myself to write an entry at least once each week.

For me, blogging is an expression. You should write only when you feel like writing. It should not take over your life. You must enjoy experiences as it is and when you can not contain these experiences or thoughts within, that is when you blog about it.

Some people for instance make it a point to critic the food they eat at restos just to give a review. This is so wrong because instead of enjoying it, you would not be able to because you are focused somewhere else.

Makes sense?

No comments: