Saturday, February 16, 2008

Not So Amazing Finish


I hate it when people spoil things for me.

I was suppose to watch the replay of the last episode of Amazing Race Asia Season 2 this weekend as I was at work last Thursday. Friday morning, as much as I did not want to know who won the race, my officemates were already talking about the season ending and news have spread over the internet.

Adrian and Collin finished first much to the disappointment of so many people especially me. It was surprising because Marc and Rovilson were consistently placing either first or second on all the other episodes but ended up the last team on the last leg of the race.

Kudos to Amazing Race Asia staff on keeping the results from being known until the last episode was televised. I was somewhat doubtful though during the season run as they were already airing Adrian and Collin's Sony Commercial.

Despite the not so amazing finish, I am super proud of Marc and Rovilson for playing the race best. They were fair, displayed sportsmanship, and their relationship with each other and towards other teams is admirable. Never once would you see them arguing over a mistake. They were always forward-looking, never sticking to errors made.

Congratulations Marc and Rovilson! As cheesy as it sounds, you made the whole country proud because you proved that Filipinos are a great race. In addition, you proved that good looks is possible and can co-exist with wit, humor, and attitude. And winning is not as important as enjoying the experience!

No comments: