Sunday, September 16, 2007

One of the Things I Learned...


Is to speak up.

Stay humble always but never take the blame for something you did not do. I have been a quiet person since I can remember but that should not hinder me from speaking up in times I should be defending myself.

There are always people pointing fingers at you. It is really okay to admit you have done wrong but to take responsibility for an offense you did not commit is just not right because it is contrary to what you know for yourself.

In the past, in instances where people say I did this or that, I have always kept my mouth shut for some reasons such as I do not want to argue anymore, God knows who did it, or I do not care what people say. Thus, becoming a martyr.

At work recently, one of the things one of my team leaders have taught me is to communicate. Because if you keep quiet, no one is going to speak up for you other than you youself. So speak up for people to understand you and not think bad about you and assume you are the criminal. Becoming a martyr does not get you anywhere. Assess the situation, and if you know you are right, speak up! Because it is so wrong not to.

Image from http://www.ffitz.com/ff/main/graphic2/no_evil.jpg

No comments: