Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Piece of Cake


It is not just a piece of cake. It is a piece of CHOCOLATE cake.

I have always been fond of chocolates- in any shape, size, or color. Over the years, I have acquired a more defined taste. I like some chocolates, others I do not. Whether it be in any form-tablea for my oatmeal (aka champorado), chocolate bars, in cookies, as an ice cream flavor, topping, cakes- as long as it is good chocolate, I will have it. There are times though when I have had too much and need to rest my taste buds. But chocolate is as certain in my life as breath and blood are. And at the end of the day, it is still chocolate I love.

Today, the last slice of cake from my youngest sister's debut has been eaten. I love the cake because it is moist and the icing is made of meringue (the same kind I had for my 18th birthday and which I single handedly consumed). After two weeks of having one slice of cake for dessert every night, reality has sinked in that tomorrow there will be none for dessert. How boring that will be!

It is funny I was thinking a while back that I have two options

(1) Wait for another occasion and request for the cake to be made of chocolate so that we will have some in the fridge after the party.
(2) Buy one even without any occasion just to have something to satisfy my craving.

You may ask why not buy the usual cake from the bakeshop. Well, simply because I like the meringue instead of the more commonly used butter icing, and cakes with meringues are rare. Besides, I think the cake is better and less commercialized when you order it ahead instead of the ready made ones.

How will I have my chocolate tomorrow? We will see then...

No comments: