Saturday, July 21, 2007

Who is Tammy Faye?

I was watching Entertainment Tonight last night when I caught the news of Tammy Faye's inoperable cancer. I don't want to start blogging on a sad story but I just can't help it. Anyway, when you search her name in google, you'd get about a million pages about her, and I'd usually look for a result from Wikipedia.com since it's more comprehensive. Tammy Faye is a Christian evangelist and TV personality. She is "known for wearing heavy makeup and mascara".

What caught my attention was the fact that in a world and culture that has so many girls obsessing to get thin even when they're not that fat (count me in), there's someone somewhere who can't eat a hamburger but wants to devour one. She's now down to a frail 62 lbs. Check this link: http://www.tammyfaye.com/note20070716.asp

Tammy can't eat much since doing so will give her a hard time breathing. Her colon cancer has now spread to her lungs and is inoperable. She has requested her family not to tell her how long she'll survive. She is a strong woman and believes she'll go straight to heaven after death.

Can't place myself in her shoes. I don't know I would feel if I'm in her place, just waiting for my death sentence, the time when I'd be struggling to breath air, black out and die. On a side note, my grandpa died of the disease a few years back and I dreamt of him last night. I miss him and wish he was here...

2 comments:

jany said...

really really miss angkong too...:( it's been a few years back already but sometimes i still can't believe it.

Joyce Sing said...

yeah. there are always those moments when you wish you could share with love ones who are not with you anymore. life is tragic.