Sunday, December 16, 2007

Enchanting...


I watched The Enchanted today with my younger sister. At first, I was hesitant to see it because I thought it was another kiddie film, did not have a good story and was just relying on Mcdreamy's charms to capture its audience. But then, on its second week at the cinemas, and without other films to watch (have seen The Golden Compass which was not as good as expected, do not like serious films like Elizabeth), my sister and I bought tickets and seated ourselves on the last few rows of the theater to get the full screen view.

Admittedly, I liked the film. It is a fairy tale for children and adults alike with a romantic-musical-comedy theme. I had a good laugh when Giselle cleaned Robert's house with the help of all sorts of animals and insects, how she uses any cloth (i.e. curtains) she could get her hands on for her dress, and the park scene where everybody was singing and dancing along. Robert's daughter was also cute and lovable (who used her daddy's credit card for 'emergeny' shopping). The turning point was when the prince sang but Giselle failed to sing the duet with him- a sign showing she found her true love in someone else. Definitely recommended.

No comments: