Saturday, December 22, 2007

L'Opera

We had relatives from Cebu coming for my cousin's wedding tonight. After fetching them from the airport yesterday, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant in the Fort, the same block as the Embassy. The place was recommended by a friend because the day before, I was panicking where to take the guests. Since there are so many places here worth trying, my friend gave me a short list of restos. L'Opera was the perfect choice. I read some great reviews on the internet and coming from my favorite and trusted bloggers Anton, Lori (of dessertcomesfirst), and MM, I knew the choice would not disappoint me.

The place was beautiful. Very warm and cozy. Perfect for dates, I am sure. We sat at the corner. (See pictures taken by Lori here http://www.dessertcomesfirst.com/?p=308. By the way, the table shown was where we exactly ate).

Moving on. For a group of five plus a kid, we ordered two Trittico della casa (choice of three pastas, six in all). I loved the ones with duck, clams, different types of cheeses, and truffle sauce. They had so many pastas to choose from that I am sure the waiter got confused as my sister and I changed our orders every time we see something we liked trying. We also had L'Opera pizza which was served with a generous amount of cheese. For the main course, we ordered Tagliata ol manzo -beef was very tender!

The food was more than enough for us all although the kid preferred Filipino style spaghett she is used to eating at fast food chains.

Overall, L'Opera is highly recommended. :) Although a bit pricey, it is worth it with the quality of dishes you get.

More pictures: http://fireflyzephyr.livejournal.com/tag/the+fort

No comments: