Saturday, October 13, 2007

Finally! Someone Who Admits She's a Gold Digger


Here's a good read on "The Economics of Gold Digging". Briefly, it is about a "gold digger" who posts an ad in search of a guy who makes half a million dollars annually. She gets the answer she deserves.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/the-economics-of-gold-digging/#more-1954

As a background, I took AB Economics as a second course in college. Hence, I have taken more Economics classes than the normal student would have. I frequent Freakonomics.com, even before they joined NY Times. The site was born after the phenomenal success of the book Freakonomics which I am planning to buy but is always out of stock. If you think Economics is just theoritical, think again, because the book will give you insight on how everyday Economics works. If you had not had enough, there is a sequel coming up entitled Superfreakonomics.

By the way, you can get a free signed book plate, just register(I have not received mine, but nothing to lose when you try, right?). The authors also respond to your emails (hehe...I tried writing them and they answered back, I was starstrucked!).

No comments: