Sunday, October 21, 2007

This Should Not Have Happened...

I know a lot has been written (err...blogged) and said about the Glorietta blast -more likely a bombing- last Friday but I just would like to say that amidst all the progress the country has made so far, an act of terrorism is not needed to add to the political show (PGMA-JDV rift in connection to the ZTE deal, Palace hand off of envelopes containing a sum of money , etc.) we are having among other problems such as high oil prices.

I condemn the act of whoever placed explosive materials in the mall killing some ten people and injuring more than thirty with damage hitting to around a hundred million. But then again, I believe this is in connection to government's indifference and lack of action towards the issues faced by its citizens. I suppose this is the latter's way of calling the state's attention.

So, to the government and I am not generalizing, please be good to us? Better yet, be the best!Because it is you we look up to and depend upon. We as citizens are trying the best on our part also.

I am a speaking as a Filipino already doubtful of my security as well as other's to wherever I may go. As a frequent rider of the MRT (which I use to get to work), the transit may be one of the next targets as it is a very crowded area. A stampede caused by panic alone could kill you.

Life goes on for a commoner as me. If it's your time, no matter how hard you try to avoid death, it will claim you...

Image from inquirer.net

No comments: